Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Well, I finally finished spinning all the wool for this years guild challenge on CVM or California Red. I have washed and set three skeins of yarn with a total yardage of 475 yards at 24 wraps per inch. I am thinking of some kind of a lace knitting project, possibly a scarf from Arctic Knits. I am also registered for a couple of lace knitting workshops at the NCS retreat and SOAR. Both are at the end of September and beginning of October, so maybe I will wait a bit longer. Currently I have been finishing up a bunch of projects that I already have started. I have three looms warped, three knitting projects in progress, and a rug hooking project. I have finished two of the knitting projects. I recently finished a lace scarf that I started in February and a pair of socks that have been suffering second sock syndrome for a while now. I really think I will have to work on the rug hooking project as our local group does a themed rug every few months and this one is due first week of October with an autumn theme. It has been a lot of fun because I am using some of my handspun in this rug.

No comments: